Friday 27 June 2014

Mixed Media Weaving Card Tutorial


Hello :)
I have my DT card for this weeks C4E Recipe Challenge to share with you today.
I remembered to take photos along the way so I have a quick tutorial too!

All the challenge details can be found HERE.


My card this week is a mixed media birthday card featuring paper weaving.


First step was to weave some strips of pattern paper. These papers are from a Tim Holtz paper pad which I'm not too keen on.
I wove strips of 1/2" paper on to a square card base, sticking the ends of each strip with glue.


As you can see it's not perfect lol! I missed some weaves! 
But I was going for texture rather than perfect weaving.


A coat of Gesso, not too thick I still wanted some pattern to show was added next.
Next, using black Stazon ink and a script stamp I randomly stamped over the piece.



I then added Modelling paste through a stencil and let it dry.


Using Lime green and Black Dylusions I coloured the piece. When that was dry I added some Gesso circles using a bottle lid and some silver accents using Viva Decor Inka Gold paint.


The chipboard cog was coloured with Viva Decor Maya Gold Silver paint and the small black card cogs 
were coloured with the Silver Inka Gold. Some wrapped wire and a sentiment finished off the card before adding it to a card base.





You can still see some of the pattern and colour on the paper weaving.


Although the weaving was a little fiddly overall the card was fairly quick to complete.

If you have any questions please leave a comment :)
Have a wonderful day
Thanks for stopping by!
Michele :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails