Saturday 26 April 2014

Use some scraps


Good morning :)
Today I have my DT card for the C4E recipe challenge to share and a quick tutorial :)
The challenge this week is to use up some scraps, my paper scraps are sorted into zip lock bags in colour groups and size.


I pulled out various pieces in a variety of sizes, then began to adhere them to a piece of white cardstock (A5 size).


For this piece I stuck with pink tones. 
It's all very random, no uniform shapes or sizes, just cut and stick until the cardstock is covered.
At this stage you can add some stamping if you wish. The piece I used for my card had some random stamping on, this pink piece did not.


Once it was dry I got out the sewing machine, threaded it with a burgundy cotton and using a straight stitch, stitched over the whole piece in random directions. 


Because I knew I was going to be cutting this up I gave the back of the cardstock a coat of Matt Medium, this was to ensure the stitching didn't unravel when it was cut up.


I worked on several pieces at the same time using up lots of scraps!
I forgot to include the red one in the photo sorry!


I trimmed a section for my card, matt it onto black cardstock and added a handwritten sentiment to finish.


After the card was made I diecut some shapes to use as embellishments for other projects.


So now I have a little stash of diecuts ready for future projects and a lot less paper scraps lol!
If you have any questions please do leave a comment.
If you would like to join in with this weeks challenge hop over here, and please feel free to use this tutorial for your entry :)
Thanks for stopping by have a great weekend!
Michele :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails