Saturday 25 April 2015

Mixed Media Spring Birdhouse


Good Morning :)
As promised I am back today with my DT project for this weeks C4E Recipe challenge. You can find all the challenge details, entry and fabulous DT inspiration HERE.


My project this week is a Recycled Birdhouse.
The Birdhouse was last weeks C4E's crop workshop and lots of fun to make :)
The main structure of the box was made with recycled corrugated boxes. I used a template to cut out the four sides then constructed it using side hinges.
The box was then given a coat of Deco Art's Crackle Paste, followed by a wash of acrylic paint.


The Crackle Paste dries to form really defined cracks and is gorgeous!


I made the roof using 45 individual tiles! Each one was individually distress and added to the roof base.


I decorated the roof with a flower cluster to finish it off.


I kept the decoration of the Birdhouse quite simple adding another flower cluster with a Tim Holtz number plaque.
The finished Birdhouse is about 7" high!
There were so many options for this Birdhouse adding more decoration, a birds nest inside and so much more!
The girls at the workshop had lots of fun making their Birdhouses and each one was different.

Have you made a Birdhouse? Share your links in the comments below I'd love to see them :)
Thanks for stopping by
Have a great weekend!
Michele :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails