Saturday 6 December 2014

Snow Angel


Good Morning :)
I am back today with my DT project for this weeks C4E Challenge.
All the details, entry and fabulous DT inspiration can be found HERE.


For my Winter project I chose a layout of my son making a snow angel. 
We don't get snow here very often so when we do we get out and play lol!


I used masking fluid through a snow flake stencil (Dylusions) on to a sheet of cardstock painted with gesso.



Then added Dylusions ink and plenty of water. You can see the snowflakes are resisting the ink.
I left it to dry rather than use a heat tool I wanted the ink to pool and settle naturally.


Oddly the purple ink doesn't show much on the finished layout!
Once dry I added some stamping and a few silver paint snowflakes.
Then rubbed off the masking fluid. Although the fluid didn't capture the snowflake shapes quite as well as I hoped the effect was interesting.

The layout was finished with a paper cluster using a Kaiserkraft 6x6 pad, some punched snowflakes and sequins.

I'll definitely be having another play with the masking fluid I like the effect :)
Don't forget to join us this week at the C4E challenge, have a great weekend
thanks for stopping by
Michele :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails